Quote of the Day

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Brainwaves....

I have always been intrigued by theories and principles. I marveled at the founders and inventors of olden days where technology is so backward and yet there were so many breakthroughs.....

Like how Archimedes could prove that a body plunged in a fluid becomes lighter by an amount equal in weight to the amount of fluid it displaces and how Newton by sitting under an apple tree can determine gravity ... etc etc. These people must have gone through some brainwaves of their time.

In fact the simple stories of Archimedes screaming "Eureka" and Newton watching apple falling towards earth have stuck with me since my younger days might have some indication of how we can tell interesting stories to allow learning to be fun and memorable.

I hope this will trigger some contributions from any person who stumbles upon this blog so we can share whatever knowledge for learning purposes.

No comments: