Quote of the Day

Monday, September 8, 2008

Shepherd's Pie - "the family all-time favourite"

The GGC gathering on Saturday brunch was at my humble abode while I thrilled my friends with my simple cooking skills .... my family all-time favourite shepherd's pie with a touch of Asian taste. It is a complete meal by itself always enjoyed by the whole family and now I hoped that my friends had enjoyed this very special dish as well....
The ingredients shown on the first picture is good for 4 hearty eaters:=

Ingredients are
5 big potatoes (boiled and mashed, add butter n a pinch of salt)
5 big onions & 5 red chillies (diced)
500 gms meat (pork, chicken, beef or mutton)
(left over meat can also be used)

Method
1. Boiled meat till slightly cooked. Keep stock for cooking later. Dice cooked meat (or left over meat).
2. Fry onions in heated oil till fragrance, add chillies and fry till you can smell the chillies.
3. Add diced meat and fry till slightly brown, add pepper, salt and L&P sauce to taste.
4. Add the stock, stew till meat is tender and until mixture is dry.
5. Dish into a pyrex dish. Top with mashed potates and smooth over.
6. Brush with 2 egg yolks.
7. Bake in oven(normal temperature) till the top of pie is golden brown. Serve hot.

No comments: