Quote of the Day

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Seven Ancient Wonders of the World

One of my life long goals is to visit all the 7 ancient wonders of the world. After visiting the 1st one; The Great Wall of China many years ago, the opportunity of continuing to visit the other 6 did not opportune itself until recently with the wide offer of budget airfare, also thanks to the understanding and support of my family, I have finally managed to surge on to visit 4 more, making a total of 5.

I have always been fascinated with the 7 Ancient Wonders and did not cease to be in awe even after visiting some of them...

1. The Great Wall of China
2. Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia
3. Colosseum, Rome, Italy
4. Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy
5. Stonehenge, Wiltshire County, England
There are many versions of the 7 Ancient Wonders and I would like to consider these 5 that I have visited as the 5 out of the 7. 2 more in my list of must see are the pyramids and Taj Mahal.

However, my list of must visits goes on...... there are the natural wonders like Niagara Falls, Grand Canyons etc etc...... life is full of wonders and they are always there for all of us to discover and explore...... Happy travelling!!!

No comments: