Quote of the Day

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Donate to UNICEF


On my flight back from Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific Airlines, I was given an envelope by the air hostess.

I usually did not give it my 2-cent thought because I used to have this mistrust attitude towards charitable organisation supported by big corporations. I felt that why can't the corporations themselves fork up a $ for each customer they get and give it to charity instead of asking the customers to do it.

But of late my attitude towards charity has changed. I now view charity as plain charity.... doing your bits for the less fortunate. Why bother to debate what the big corporations should or should not do since there is nothing you can do about it!

"Just give la" and thats what I did..... I gave; not much; just a little more than my loose change. I felt good about giving. Its a nice feeling that whatever you won't miss much will be giving some 20 kids ice cream they have been yearning for........

No comments: